I made these cookies last weekend and had planned to share the recipe next week but they are just too good to be kept a secret any longer.
One word: Nutella!
I am obsessed with it. My high school French teacher introduced me to it (yes, I know it’s Italian) and I have been hooked ever since. An Italian product is the ONLY thing I took away from two years of high school French (shudder) – hahaha! Thank you, Madame Coldren, I remember you fondly for that reason only!
Back to the good stuff — these cookies are wonderfully chewy and easy to make. I personally think they are better after they’ve cooled completely and better still the next day!
The holidays will be here in no time and these are PERFECT for a cookie exchange. I am thinking of hosting one myself, just so everyone will think that I am a goddess for making and gifting these! Hmmmmm….(light bulb!)
Oh, and you really won’t want to wait until the holidays to make these cookies. You actually want to make them now. I know you do, so here ya go!
Nutella Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- large egg
- 1 Cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix. You may need to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Add in the Nutella and blend thoroughly.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until all is combined.
- Add the oats. Turn the speed to low so you don’t break up the oats.
- Line 2 baking sheets with either a Sil-pat mat or parchment paper.
- Use your hands to roll one inch balls leaving space in between each cookie. You should have enough cookie dough for two dozen cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before handling to prevent cookie breakage. Enjoy!