My mommy was nominated for a Liebster Award! Quick! Call someone who cares.
Hooray! I was recently nominated (twice) for a Liebster Award. I’d like to thank Fashionista Momma and Momma’s Got a Brand New Bag for those nominations. These nominations are very exciting because it means that this little blog of mine is gaining some interest out in the blogosphere. Yay Baby!
From what I understand the Liebster Award isn’t really an actual award at all, but recognition from fellow bloggers as well as a way for up-and-coming bloggers to share and promote each other’s blogs. The blogging community is a tight-knit one and I am honored to be in such great company.
The rules for nominees to follow are:
- Link back to your nominating blog(s)
- Answer the questions they have provided
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
- Generate 11 questions to be answered by your nominees
- Contact your nominees to let them know the news!
Questions for me to answer:
1. What did you do before you were a blogger?
I was a marketing professional specializing in event planning and content management.
2. What do you love to write about the most?
I love writing about my munchkin, she serves as my daily inspiration. I try to correlate all my posts to her in some way, whether it’s an anecdote about her antics or a recipe I’ve made that she loved.
3. High fashion or comfy casual?
Comfy casual with fashionable flare!
4. DIY or buy it finished?
A little of both – I like to compare, if I can find the time and make it for less I’ll go that route. But that isn’t always the case.
5. Full price or Clearance rack?
Clearance rack! On everything, not just fashion. I recently purchased a $250 floor lamp for $19! I left the tags on as a reminder of how awesome that was. Hahahaha!
6. What is at the top of your bucket list?
I really can’t say I have a bucket list. But if I did travelling to Europe for an extended period would be tops. I’d love to visit Spain, Greece and Italy. And my late father-in-law was from Hungary, so I’d love to visit there and explore my husband’s and daughter’s heritage.
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I’m living life to the fullest in the moment, no time to look ahead 10 years. I just hope I am healthy, and happy and I want the same for those that I love.
8. If you could do any job what would it be and why?
I’m lucky enough to say that I am doing it. I am doing exactly what I want to be doing and that is being a stay-at-home-mama. I get to spend my days and nights with the most amazing little person who adores and appreciates me. It’s more stress and more tiring than any other job I have ever had but it pays the best – in snuggles and love from my sweet little girl, the most demanding boss I have ever had. And I know my performance in this job is outstanding because she is the picture of health and happiness, assurance that I am doing something right.
9. What do you like to do for fun?
I like seeing movies and going out to dinner with my husband. Before baby cooking was therapeutic to me and I hope it will be again. But my favorite thing to do is snuggle in bed with the two loves of my life, my husband and daughter and take long leisurely naps.
10. What is your song you think of to describe your life?
Shake Your Booty, by KC and the Sunshine Band. Because when all else fails doing a little jig will do the trick.
11. Where would you love to visit?
We love San Diego and are long overdue for a trip there! My husband and I love that city. We went for our honeymoon and for my babymoon right before Jax was born. It holds a special place in my heart. I can’t wait to create memories there with her.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I have a lisp.
- Sometimes I stutter.
- Bread is my favorite food, especially warm, toasty, buttery garlic bread.
- When I was 20 years old I played “groupie” for a week by travelling to London to attend Bush concerts. On our last night there we were invited to an after-party with the band. I heart Gavin Rossdale (still).
- I don’t like horses, my dislike borders on phobia.
- I can’t do a cartwheel and never have been able to.
- All my fingers are double-jointed and it freaks my husband out, especially my thumbs,
- I watch Toddlers and Tiaras and can almost see myself putting Jax in a pageant. YIKES! Don’t tell anybody that one.
- I love sour gummy candy.
- My favorite movies are Purple Rain, Grease, Steele Magnolias ad Tombstone.
- I was pretty depressed after the last Harry Potter movie came out because I looked forward to them every year. I was also pretty bummed after the last Lord of the Rings and Twilight movies were released for the same reason. I am such a fan girl.
My nominees are: (Hoping you all participate)
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- What pet names or nicknames do you have for your kiddos?
- What’s your biggest gross-out or embarrassing moment as a parent or otherwise?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- What was the last book you read?
- What other blogs do you read?
- What is the best thing that happened to you today?
- How do you pamper yourself?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- If you were given $5000 to spend and only an hour to spend it where would you go to shop?
- What has been your favorite post to date? Please link to it here in the comments section.