There was an impromptu swim party at Casa de Jax over the weekend. The guests brought the food and I rounded out the meal with a sweet treat. Inspired by Dessert Rosa (my favorite) from Carraba’s Italian Grill, this parfait was simple to make and a delightful fruity treat on a hot day.
Simple ingredients you may already have in your fridge and pantry. Boxed cake mix (yellow, vanilla or butter), fresh strawberries, canned crushed pineapple and vanilla pudding (There was also Cool Whip and bananas but I forgot to add it to the photo line-up).
- Make cake according to package directions and allow to cool completely
- Thoroughly drain the pineapple and pour the juice over the cooling cake
- Hull and slice the strawberries
- Make the pudding according to package directions
- Slice the banana
- Cut the cooled cake in to small cubes and place a few cubes into individual dessert dishes (I used plastic cups)
- Scoop a dollop of pudding to the cake cubes
- Add the fruit – strawberries, pineapple and bananas
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish
- Frost the top with the cool whip and garnish with a strawberry
- Allow to chill at least an hour before serving
Don’t forget to leave a comment on last Friday’s post for a chance to win the most adorable baby/child moccasins ever! You’re cutie pie will look fabulous rocking a pair of these stylishly hip moccs so don’t miss out!